5.23.2007

happy medium

as many of you know, i have lost my ability, drive and lust for reading since about my first trimester with bela. up until that point i read about 2 books a week. so it was naturally very upsetting for me when this came to an abrupt end. i dont know exactly what happened, it started out because i was just so darn tired and reading was the first thing to put me out. after bela was born, i just had too much to do to even think of picking up a book. in the past 18 months i have probably started 30 books and bought or taken out from the library about 3 times that many. and its was killing me.
recently i came up with a perfect solution. i spend about 2 1/2 hours a day in the car (ridiculous i know) listening to loads of npr (which i love) and other crappy radio. so i decided to use my time wisely and turn to books on cd. best decision ever. not only does it make the time go so much faster, but it fills that book void.
i am such a smart cookie, too bad it took me this long to figure it out!

No comments: