12.18.2006

big 30

today is my 30th birthday. is it the end of an era, or the beginning of one? i am actually pretty excited about turning 30, ask anyone, i havent shut up about it in about a week. i am not normally one of those birthday people, its just another day really. this year is special though, this year i turn 30. yeah its just a number, but its a big number, a milestone number, a number of certitude. or something.
jay z says 30s the new 20.. smart man, then again hes a baller, im not. so that might not apply.
so how did i spend my last night at a 20-something? watching the gay cowboy movie and making truffles... look out! do i wish i had gone out and partied it up? not a chance. my beautiful baby was tucked soundly in her bed, that i wouldnt trade for all the all-night drinkfest parties in the world.
so am i where i thought i would be at 30? dunno, i never really thought things out like that. i am married to the love of my life, i have a perfect daughter, a wonderful family, etc. sounds like exactly where i want to be.
what would i have done differently? nothing, absolutely nothing.
so what do i want to do in my 30s? get a new job, have another baby, lose some weight, get healthier, be nicer. those are my goals.... let's see what happens next.

2 comments:

D. Pecis said...

Hey Holly!
This is Debbie (from Borders) now in Detroit, MI) (Ignore the Greta Garbo thing; my paranoid husband thought I needed a pseudonym.)

Happy 30th! Sounds like life is going well, and your daughter is adorable. I have no idea when/if I'll make it down to Cleveland, but I'll let you know if I ever do.

Maybe I'll send you a real email...cheers!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can be any nicer or more beautiful

Love the mom person